Reel Recipes: Sweet Bacon-Wrapped Venison Tenderloin
SWEET BACON-WRAPPED VENISON TENDERLOIN
This recipe has been rated #1 on RecipeZarr® since 2005 and continues to gain attention! Reviews show that it is the BEST deer meat recipe in America which, definitely makes it worth trying. Even those who do not like the wild game meat will fight for a piece of this!
Prep time: 10 Min
Cook time: 1 Hour 20 Min
- 2 lbs of venison tenderloins ( a single deer, Moose, or Elk)
- ½ lb thin sliced bacon
- 3 cups of dark brown sugar
- 2 cups of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of white sugar (optional for added sweetness)
- Mix brown sugar and soy sauce together in a bowl. They should combine nicely into a soupy liquid.
- Put the meat in a baking tray and pour the brown sugar/soy sauce over the tenderloin so it is completely covered.
- Let the meat marinate in mixture for at least 3 hours or even overnight in fridge. It's best to marinate for 8 hours if you have the time.
- Remove tenderloin from tray, and place on a slotted baking sheet with a drip pan or aluminum foil below to catch dripping. When completed, set marinade to the side to use later on.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the very end of the tenderloin, securing the bacon strip with a toothpick.
- Repeat this process until the entire tenderloin is wrapped in ten or so bacon "loops."
- Drizzle remaining marinade over tenderloin.
- For medium to well done meat: place on center rack in oven and bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cutting board. Using a knife, cut the tenderloin between each strip of bacon so that you have many pieces of meat, each with their own toothpick.
For those that like their meat more rare follow these steps for cooking:
- Place on center rack in oven and bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove tenderloin from oven and place directly on a grill over medium-high heat to sear the bacon and outer edges which creates a crispy taste.
You can eat these directly from the toothpick or remove the toothpick and eat like steak.